The Contest begins at 12:01 am EST on February 3, 2020 (“Contest Open”) and entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on March 3, 2020 (“Contest Close”). The Contest is provided by KINKA FAMILY, 294 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R9 (“KINKA FAMILY”). Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The #KINTONRAMENLAB Instagram Contest (the “Contest”) is open to individuals that are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry. The Contest is open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) with a Canadian citizenship. Employees of KINKA FAMILY or its affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Contest is not valid in the province of Quebec. The Contest is subject to all provincial, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. By participating, the entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and the entrant represents and warrants that the entrant meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, the entrant agrees to accept the decisions of KINKA FAMILY as final and binding as it relates to the Contest. The entrant agrees to hold KINKA FAMILY, Instagram, and its subsidiaries/affiliates/agents/representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest. The entrant agrees to be responsible for all taxes and all fees associated with the use of the Prize. The entrant agrees that no alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution will be provided.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. To be eligible, interested parties must (i) follow @kintonramen on Instagram, (ii) like the #KINTONRAMENLAB Instagram Contest post, and (iii) tag @kintonramen and a friend on the same #KINTONRAMENLAB Instagram Contest post. Entries that (i) arrive after Contest Close, (ii) are incomplete, or (iii) otherwise do not adhere to these Official Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of KINKA FAMILY. Tag one friend each day to increase your chances to win. No more than one tagged friend per day. If the entrant uses fraudulent, unlawful or otherwise improper methods to enter the Contest, such an entrant will be disqualified. Odds of winning, are dependent on the number of entries.
4. PRIZE. Winner will receive the following prizes (collectively, the "Prizes" and individually a "Prize"): a round trip for two (2) from Toronto to New York City, hotel accommodations for two nights, and one complimentary ramen and one complimentary beverage at Ramen Lab for themselves and a guest.
Winner and a guest will travel to New York City. Winner will travel during a set period of dates between March 17, 2020, and April 11, 2020. Exact dates will be decided by KINKA FAMILY and are subject to change up to thirty (30) days prior to trip departure. The Prize includes a round trip flight to New York City and a 2-night stay in a hotel selected by KINKA FAMILY. Approximate retail value of the Prize is between $750 CAD – $1,000 CAD. The Winner is responsible for ground transfers to and from the designated departure airport. All other expenses not specified herein as being expressly included are the sole responsibility of the Winner, including but not limited to: gratuities, optional excursions, tour extensions, expenses related to travel health clinic visits and associated inoculations, insurance, medical travel documents, passport and/or visa fees, baggage fees, beverages and lunches, and other personal expenses. KINKA FAMILY makes no representations or warranties with respect to the Prize. No Global Rewards Points, frequent flyer miles, or travel rewards of any kind will be made available to the Winner.
The Prize cannot be substituted for cash or an alternative prize. The Prize is not transferrable. With respect to the Prize, KINKA FAMILY reserves the right to (i) change or modify the selected trip dates, or (ii) prevent or restrict access to any included excursions, due to acts of God and/or unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions, political events, regional instability, event cancellations, strikes, lockouts, labour disturbances or other events beyond KINKA FAMILY’s reasonable control (a "Force Majeure").
5. NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE: Decisions of KINKA FAMILY will be binding in all matters related to this Contest. The selected entrant will be notified by Instagram no later than March 5, 2020. KINKA FAMILY is not responsible for any failure to deliver notice to the Winner. Selected entrants will be required to provide information including but not limited to: name, address, phone number, and birth date (if applicable). Selected entrants must also verify the eligibility standards provided in these Official Rules, and answer a skill testing question. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) granted to KINKA FAMILY to use the selected entrant’s name, likeness, picture, voice, and statements, for publicity, advertising, and trade and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. By accepting the Prize, the selected entrant agrees unconditionally to, and acknowledges compliance with, these Official Rules.
If the Winner or Guest is under the age of majority, the award must be accepted by the Winner's parent or legal guardian on their behalf. Throughout the Contest Rules the term "Winner" includes the winning entrant (if over the age of majority) or the accepting parent if the winning entrant is under the age of majority.
Winners must attest to their eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. Winners and Guest must have (i) proof of valid travel documents prior to flight ticket booking, and (ii) the right to fly and to enter the destination country or countries. The Winner or Guest(s) may be required to furnish proof of identification as part of the verification process. KINKA FAMILY reserves the right to disqualify any Winner who cannot produce, within five (5) business days of a request by KINKA FAMILY for satisfactory proof of identity.
Should a selected entrant be unable to accept the Prize for any reason, a new entrant will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries. If the Prize is forfeited by a Winner or Guest(s) for any reason whatsoever, a new entrant will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries.
The Winner and Guest(s) will be required to understand and agree to the KINKA FAMILY terms and conditions. KINKA FAMILY reserves the right to deny participation in the Prize if there are any medical issues or needs that cannot be accommodated at the trip destination. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner and Guest(s) and/or their parent/legal guardian(s) to obtain visa(s) for the country or countries to which the participant(s) are travelling with KINKA FAMILY, if applicable. KINKA FAMILY accepts no responsibility and will issue no refunds or transfers of the value of the prize in the event of a participant not obtaining a visa in time or having a visa application refused once the Winner has been formally informed as the Winner of the Contest. KINKA FAMILY will not replace or refund any amount if the Winner cannot attend the trip.
6. NAME AND IMAGE OF THE WINNER: By entering the Contest, the Prize Winner and Guest(s) consent to the use of his/her name, city and province/state of residence (if applicable), likeness, and photos, without remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Promotional Parties. Additionally, the Promotional Parties will have the right to photograph the Prize Winner while on the trip for use in future promotions, advertisements, and the like in perpetuity and without remuneration paid to the Winner. By attending the trip, the Guest(s) agrees that the Promotional Parties will have the right to photograph the Guest(s) while on the trip for use in future promotions, advertisements, and the like in perpetuity and without remuneration paid to the Guest(s).
7. FORCE MAJEURE. In the event that the Contest cannot take place, in whole or in part, due to any Act of God and/or Force Majeure, including without limitation, weather, fire, flood, strike, labour dispute, civil commotion, riot or threat of violence or similar cause beyond the control of KINKA FAMILY (a “Force Majeure”), eligible parties shall not hold KINKA FAMILY liable for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof.
8. LIST OF WINNERS. The name of the selected entrant will be made available upon request after thirty (30) days from Contest Close. Requests for such a list may be directed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. GENERAL. Contest participants agree to hold KINKA FAMILY, Instagram, and its subsidiaries/affiliates/agents/representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory. Each winner agrees to release KINKA FAMILY, Instagram, and its subsidiaries/affiliates/agents/representatives from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the Prize. Please note that Acknowledgement of the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. KINKA FAMILY assumes no responsibility for any entry attempt failure. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are inaccurate, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorised means or by spamming will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these Official Rules, the entrant and his/her entry will be disqualified. The entrant agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which are final.
10. JURISDICTION. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ONTARIO CANADA. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between KINKA FAMILY and the entrant; and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction.